Monday, November 30, 2015

Let the heart have a good cry

2 days ago I went to the cinema with my friends to watch the last part of The Hunger Games. I must admit that the movie was simply amazing, the special effects were well made, like everything was just on point. But there was one scene that touched me so hard that the tears just couldn't stop running down my face. It was one of the closing scenes where Katniss were lying on the sofa, covered with a blanket and then suddenly the cat that belonged to her sister Prim appeared in the room. Katniss told the animal to get out because Prim wasn't there and when she noticed that the cat wasn't reacting to her words she bursted into tears and started yelling at it that Prim died and that she would never come back. In the end she took the cat and cuddled to it. In my opinion this scene wins everything. It perfectly shows that sometimes the smalest things that were a part of someone who we loved so much and who is no longer with us are enough to make our heart recall the memories, the pain that we tried to ignore it all this time. However I am convinced that those moments are really necessary. Those moments release us from the sadness, let us pit against the sorrow and just have a good cry to get rid of bad emotions that are burning us from the inside. To sum up, I consider this scene the most beautiful in the whole movie. Of course I recommend the movie to all of you who are the fans of Suzanne Collins' book 'The Hunger Games'.

No comments:

Post a Comment